|The Carnegie Library is one of
thirty-four library buildings funded by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
It is one of the four buildings still used as a public library.
The building was completed in
1911 and became a recorded Texas Landmark in 1962. The exterior was restored
in 1979 and the interior was finished in 1986.
The library still play host to
educational, cultural, civic, and social activities events and meetings.